We are looking for
Senior Data Scientist / NLP (x/f/m)
English required, German skills will be a plus
What is it about?
You love complex problem solving and enjoy challenging your team to come up with more innovative solutions. You always have the user in mind as you dive deep into scrubbing, cleaning, and understanding data and design algorithms.
Day in the life of a Senior Data Scientist at Xircle…
- You understand the business model behind Xircle and the constraints within the pharmaceutical knowledge field. You are able to make feasibility decisions by choosing the best suited approaches.
- You integrate semantic search capabilities into our universal search engine
- You design and deploy data and modeling pipelines to semantically understand and annotate medical documents like product information and package leaflets
- You evaluate and implement the newest approaches to generate question and answer pairs out of those documents
- You translate search requests from natural language into logical forms to generate compact and meaningful answers out of medical databases, knowledge bases and ontologies.
- You improve our intent detection and auto-generate utterances for them
- You develop and grow the team together with our CTO
- You make a real impact by providing instantly meaningful knowledge to physicians and soon also patients
- Several years of relevant industry experience in data science and search engines as well as machine learning with a particular focus in the NLP domain
- Experience in incorporating german language models and in solving complex NLP problems by applying heuristic methods, linguistic intuitions, and/or machine learning
- Proficient in statistical techniques like syntactic parsing or text summarisation
- Practical knowledge of the healthcare domain language models will be a very strong plus
- You are always catching up with the latest research in the NLP field
- You have proficient reading, writing, and speaking skills in English
- German reading, writing, and speaking skills will be a strong plus
Full-time position with flexible working hours in a small but great team
Modern working environment in the centre of Berlin
Become the leading NLP expert in our data team
Flat hierarchy and open doors in a relaxed, professional, atmosphere
28 holidays plus Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve off
You can start this summer!
Come and join the team! We are interested in knowing who you really are, send us your complete application to email@example.com with your CV and your earliest available start date.